Thursday, April 23, 2009

Lake Season

The last several days have been absolutely beautiful. It's been in the upper 70's low 80's and for my family that means.....LAKE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I admit that I am a little obsessed with "going to the lake". I spend most of my week thinking..."what shall we eat" "what shall we wear" do we need bicycles, extra water, adult beverages, oil, gas??? You get the idea. I haven't quite gotten to the point of my veteran lake mother who is a "cooler Nazi". Maybe at some point I'll obsess about my cooler being organized but for now, my goal is just to get the proper "stuff" to the lake.

I love this time of year. I love that it is getting warmer. I love that I don't have to drive in the dark hardly at all! It makes for a much more pleasant drive to see stuff other than darkness and your speedometer. I've missed our lake friends and can't wait to hear what they have been doing during the miserable winter months. Mostly, I just miss the family time we get at the lake. We have no cable or internet access, we don't even have really good cell phone access.

This may sound a little like an awful parent but I'm looking forward to Eli's first fall into the lake. I've been somewhat dreading this proposed fall but I just want to get it over with. I want to make sure that someone is there when he does it to "fish" him out and I am hopeful that he will not hit anything on his way down. For those of you who don't know, I am OBSESSED about children wearing their life jackets if they are even CLOSE to the water. When we arrive at the lake and Eli gets out of the car, the first thing we do is put his life jacket on. The only time he'll take it off is to change his pants, clothes and to sleep in his pack and play. So I'm ready for him to fall in, figure out it is scary and that he needs to be careful and to move on.

Well I'll try to give you a full lake outlook next week but until next time, ENJOY THE WEATHER!

1 comment: