Our family had a really wonderful weekend. (At least in my opinion) John got yard work done, I got house work done and we also made it to the lake on Saturday afternoon. We were pleased that Eli was cooperative and wore his lifejacket the whole time and didn't fuss or complain once. It probably helped that other kids were wearing thier lifejackets as well. Our boat had no major issues after being vacant for the winter. YEAH!!! What a relief.
Eli is going to keep us on our toes at the lake this year. He is running down the docks and loved to watch the ducks! I know that he is going to fall in at some point but I hope that he doesn't hit anything on his way in. He is VERY accident prone...see below!
Eli did have another minor injury this weekend. As we were taking a shower, he slipped and hit his head on the shelf in the shower. He was bleeding pretty bad at first and I was scared I was going to have to take him in for stiches. I couldn't imagine the look I would have gotten at the ER for a second trip in less than a month. However, the bleeding stopped and he was ready to go have fun.
We had a couple of showings on the house on the weekend. Well...we were supposeed to have a couple of showings. One was cancelled and hour and 15 minutes into their showing time and the other group was late by almost a half hour. I have come to the conclusion that most realtors are rude and inconsiderate. Hello, does it really take 1 and 1/2 hours to tour our house? Especially during nap time?
Even though life feels so unsettled right now, it is Holy Week and I am so greatful that Jesus died on the cross to save ALL my sins. I wish I could come close to living the life God instructs us to live. I often find myself judging others, becoming jealous, not giving what I should and just generally being a poor miserable sinner. However at the end of this week we will be reminded of the Great Love and Compassion our Saviour has for us. WHAT A GIFT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment